Sunday, October 2, 2011

Zucchini and Carrot Cake

Sweetcakes here, back from a not-by choice long break of baking, blogging, and general enjoyment of summer.

Yesterday, I found myself at the hands of a sale at Sur La Table, and treated myself to this apron.

That, a zucchini from a friend's garden and some Scharffen Berger chocolate bits in my cupboard inspired me to this: 

There's zucchini, carrots, chocolate bits, walnuts, and a smidge of honey. I modified the recipe slightly to include the chocolate, varied the zucchini carrot ratio, since I had more zucchini than carrots. It's crunchy on the outside and moist inside, all in all a tasty cake that I would definitely make again to celebrate the harvest.

Recipe: Better Homes & Garden


And in a break from the baking lusciousness, here's an easy recipe that celebrates my first-ever garden loveliness:


Pear tomatoes above, and the yellow ones are very sweet.


Cucumbers, from a plant that just keeps on giving. Together, with feta, kalamata olives, and some balsamic vinaigrette, and voila, salad.




Happy harvest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment